Monday 11 May 2009

UgandAshis 11. Patience.

May 8, 2009
Kampala, Uganda

Patience.

With the sad departure of my beloved Mac I have fallen back on a true mini-computer. Even with a partition of the hard disk; Linux and Windows for my internet connection I rely on the Windows platform. And I recall why I moved away from Microsoft 5 years ago. Apple even when gimmicky, expensive, over-the-top, trendy, snooty and what more still has no issues of crashing programs, worms and virus intrusions.

As it is within 1 day I have managed to pick up a virus and need to reinstall Windows. It means that for about 10 days now I have had very limited Internet access. Which leads to the following point: has my life been rendered anyway by not being able to access my g-mail, twitter, yahoo and other accounts.

On the one hand yes, when you are blogging from Uganda it is not very helpful not to be able to upload content. Video’s are not easy at all and when you are left without any contact at all it is not always easy.

On the other hand no, face to face is the best interface. I can still write every day and just overflow the websites with my writing.

Talking about patience; it paid out to stay calm and relaxed as I can now practice medicine in Uganda and about 8 neighboring countries for the next two years. There is no reason to postpone a visit to Fort Portal now. The place I will be practicing in a district level. It is near the majestic Half Moon Mountains and also the basis of a peasant resistance movement in the 1980’s called the Ruwenzururu. It is not far from Congo and I am sure there is ample opportunity to dance some dombolo.

Patience then… mmm … I will board a bus Saturday and let you know about the developments. And for those of you planning to visit: King size bed number 2 is now in place.

Namaskar
Ashis

No comments:

Post a Comment